11:37 AM

We reached early in the Seoul Train station to take to KTX to Busan.
So obviously we have breakfast in mcdonalds.

Selfies on the train.

We arrived the day of the Pre-wedding of Joe's cousin (Josh)

Joe's nephew and niece (Victoria and Adrian)

I had my hair blown at a Korean Salon.

Of because, Josh got married to a Korean lady, there was this traditional thing they need to do.

"The Groom and his male family, close friends and/or groomsmen get dressed up in their best suits and strap on dried squid masks to their faces. They form a procession to the brides home to announce the grooms intention to marry her through the gift of the ham or gift box with important symbolic items inside like silk and jewelry. The ham or gift box can never touch the floor and must be carried by one of the participants, called the hamjinabi, on their back."
Quote from:  https://bffbridesmaid.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/interesting-wedding-customs-from-around-the-world-the-korean-squid-facemask/

Everyone think it was smelly because they ain't used to the smell.
I didn't think it smell that bad.

They did their pre-wedding ceremony on a boat, which was funny cause, the groom has seasickness and some of the guest.

In the morning, we did a free bicycle rental from the hotel and cycled to Haeundae beach.

Joe and me had mini steamboat for lunch.

Korean wedding.

The place was nicely decorated.

The groom and bride's family.

Joe's cousin Bethany and her husband

Next morning, I had our whole day schedule planned out.

First stop we are going is Oryukdo Skywalk (오륙도 스카이워크)   !
More information here: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=1981825
The scenery there is beautiful, but the glass walk is stupid.
In photo it look big like the one in grand canyon but it's a mini mini version.

Everyone is provided this cloth to cover your shoe.
No idea if it was so the glass won't get dirty or to actually protect the glass from breaking?

Next stop is the ever famous Busan Gamcheon Culture Village (부산 감천문화마을)  
More information here: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=1998211

If you actually took a train from Seoul to Busan, you could see the cultural village when you exit the railway. This village has many photo taking opportunities.

We had to leave early from the cultural village because there was another area I wanna go, and we were going to have dinner with the married couple before leaving tomorrow morning.

Heading to Taejongdae (Busan) (태종대(부산))
More information: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=264167

Story goes, so apparently Operating Hours 04:00-24:00 (As state on the website), I had everything planned out to take the Danubi Train Course → Taejongsa Temple → Yeongdo Lighthouse → Observatory → Gumyeongsa Temple → Taewon Jagal Madang → Platform

We reached there, you have to wait 1 hr before you can board the train and the weirdest thing is?
The train stop selling around 6plus as the last train was 7pm.

So, we ended up walking instead.

Story goes: We were separated with Greg and Joe's family friend's kid (who isn't blood related but pretty close like cousins?) because they wanted to go see another temple and I wanted to take selfies on the cliff, however me and joe went down too far down the steps and we were asking if the ferry take us back to the starting point as we couldn't really walk anymore, they said yes but this is the last ferry so it means I couldn't go back to the cliff to take selfies and Joe couldn't walk anymore so I guess we had no choice but to take this ferry.

The ferry ride wasn't that bad because we did manage to catch sunset and it was pretty romantic!

We also managed to try live octopus here!
They were so friendly as well, we only had that 1 dish and they dropped us to get taxi after that.
I think it benefits when Joe travels with me, because people always think he is cute so we get help easily.

Pass by this colorful bridge on the way back.

Story goes: We had to get 2 cabs so Joe and Me was in 1 and Joe's parents and brother was in another.
Taxi dropped us and we waited for 5 mins and didn't see their cab behind us (but they were following us all the time), we asked the taxi driver if we were at the right station, and he said yes.
I told Joe the most reasonable place to be at the ticket collection point, so we went there and found Greg and Rick (Joe's dad).
I told Greg to go get Colleen since she was waiting at where their taxi dropped them off and both Greg and Rick couldn't remember where their taxi dropped them!

In the last 10 min before we were suppose to board the train, Colleen decided to find Greg and Rick so everything was good.

I had to wait at the airport for 2 hours before I could check-in and saw this group of korean and chinese mix guys, maybe they were sort of a new boyband coming up soon?

You Might Also Like